Friday, September 16, 2011

The Little Visits to the Doc

I hate the doctors! I really do! I mean yeah...sure... they help you and all, but that's after the little tortures you have to go through beforehand. No, I'm not talking about getting shots or anything because I rarely get those dumb things.. I'm talking about going to the eye doctors! Scary stuff right there. I had to have my eyes dilated, and if you've never had it done it feels really weird. They numb your eyes and then they put this weird blue light on your eye and then it goes all blurring and you can't see for hours.

Now if you know me, can you imagine what I was going through and saying while my eyesight was rapidly getting worse. I was freaking out! I just kept rambling on about how I couldn't see the labels of the hand sanitizer or the business card to my left or my fingers! I couldn't see my fingers!! I was hysterical and I'm pretty sure everyone that heard me while I was there was like, "who in the heck is that crazy person in there?" My Mother on the other hand was sitting in a chair across the room laughing at me!" I wasn't really in pain, but still she was laughing at me telling me that I was a freak. That was the last thing I wanted to here.

On our way home I realized that I had to finish a packet in science, write two essays, and do my math homework. That was when I thought I was going to fail the 9th grade. If I couldn't see my hands imagine how hard it was going to be for me to see words in a book. I got so tired of people texting me because I couldn't understand what they were saying so I just turned my phone off. I then had a huge headache from the ride home and fell asleep for about an hour, by that time it was 6 P.M. and I hadn't done anything. I knew I was going to be screwed.

Besides my homework, my pupils were gigantic, I had to wear these weird eye cover things, and when I was able to take them off everything looked yellow. When I finally got to see my eyes I couldn't see anything but my pupil, I have to admit I looked like a creepy weird freak with huge black eyes. I've now learned that when your doctor asks you if you want to have your eyes dilated, say no. No!! I don't ever want to do that again and if I do, I'll have someone to drive me back and it'll be on a weekend.

Life Lesson #5: Once again, you're going to learn from my mistakes, schedule your doctors appointments on weekends. Life Lesson #6 Have someone with  you that can drive, because you won't want to be driving after that. Life Lesson #7 Say no!! If you have no idea what's going to happen to you, just say, "No thank you." Life Lesson #8 If you have homework, don't procrastinate. And Life Lesson #9 Don't fall asleep, that was a big mistake too I think on my part I couldn't have had an extra hour to do homework and I didn't do it. I hope you have a nice weekend or week whenever you're reading this, and be thankful you can see the computer screen(:

No comments:

Post a Comment