Thursday, November 17, 2011

a friend(:


A true friend is something that everyone wants. Someone that they can to go to when they need to have a shoulder to cry on, tell all their secrets too, or just talk in general. Someone, that no matter what goes on in life they’ll always be there for you. Laugh, cry, scream, yell and they will not even judge you as long as you are just being you of course.

“To have a friend, you’ve got to be a friend.” A quote that almost everyone in the world has heard even if it’s in a different language, it still means the same thing. This right here is so true, more true than what I thought at first. I know I have friends and all, but haven’t you ever felt like you’re the only one in the world and you have no one to turn to? Then, when you hear the quote above you just say to yourself, “but I have been a friend, why then, is this happening to me?” Well, unfortunately I don’t have the answers, because this is happening to me right now.

I just feel like I’m being ignored all the time and left out too. There’s a party tomorrow and all of my friends are going, except for me. Today at lunch I was sitting next to one of my best friends and he just got up and left he didn’t even talk to me after school. “Is it something I did?” I ask myself this question all the time and I never was able to come up with the answer to my question except, “You have no one to turn to right now, and it is your fault.” I couldn’t stop saying this to myself because I did not know the answer to my own question.

I’ve realized lately that I need to stop caring about the number of friends I have, and care about the friends I have. I once heard a quote, “I friend to all is a friend to none.” This totally blew my mind when I first heard it, but now I get it. I don’t need to be a good friend to every one, but I need to be a great friend to few. My mom always said I didn’t need to have so many friends and I just looked at her like she was crazy. “You never can have too many friends.” I was so wrong, and I need to thank my mother for helping me realize this.

Once again I hope you guys (my readers, very few of you ha ha) learn from my mistakes, if you haven’t learned this already. It took me a while and I hope it doesn’t take you guys very long to notice this. I hope that I learn to be a better friend, still be nice to everyone, but be a true friend to the ones that I really need to keep, the ones that will help me become a better person.


No comments:

Post a Comment