Sunday, November 13, 2011

The person I want to be

I like the person I've become but I always have known that I can still do better. The world today isn't the best, there's the really nice people that everyone loves but they don't feel so secure about themselves. There's also the people that just don't fit in, but they are the kindest people you'd ever meet. Rude people, popular people, fake people, amazing people, where ever you go you'll always find these types of personalities.

I've really been thinking about how people see me. I don't know if this is something I should be really worried about, but I know I am. I want to be the kind of person that everyone can turn to and trust and always want to be around and I know I'm not always that person. I've decided that I want to make some goals for myself just to do everyday acts of kindness. I have a little story for you that is true, but I've changed some things to protect some people.

There was a little girl that had a mental disorder. She had a little trouble with people and had a hard time at school. She was so cute and then one day she had to move to a different state. When she moved in there was a younger girl named Amanda about the same age as her that came to visit. They became very good friends and the little girl wondered why she liked her so much. Amanda told her she was friends with her because she was such a great person and she was beautiful inside and out. The little girl was soon getting teased and she was abused. She had things thrown at her, people called her names, hit her, and just simply enjoyed teasing her, but she never had a bad word to say about them and she always forgave them.

Amanda was friends with the most popular guy in the school, Carson, and they both made it a goal to keep the girl safe. They protected her for as long as they could. When people realized that two popular people were being so kind to her they knew that they had done something very wrong. People started become very nice to her. She was so grateful for Amanda and Carson, and enjoyed talking to them everyday. A couple months later the girl got very sick and couldn't go to school any longer. She passed away about 4 months after she got sick and about 400 people showed to her funeral. Amanda and Carson were in awe when they saw all the people and knew the girl was pleased.

I'm going to make an effort to:
1. Say "hello" to 3 different people I don't know a week.
2. Invite someone to come sit with me at lunch.
3. Walk with someone to our class.
4. Make someone smile everyday.
5. Help everyone in need.

When I come up with other goals I'll let you guys know ha ha ha. Be kind to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment