Thursday, November 3, 2011

Science, I'm good at it(:

Science hasn't always been my best subject, and I don't know if it will ever be but I'd like to hope so. I like it (sometimes) and get it (sometimes), but I kind of wished that I had my own little personal teacher. I think a lot of students would enjoy that because to me you learn more, because you have to be more involved. I mean, you can't be the only student and just sit there not saying anything the whole time... that would be dumb. Sometimes I'll just be sitting there in class when a teacher is giving us students a lecture and it goes in one ear and out the other and I have no idea what they just said... even if it was a minute ago.

I hate the moment where teachers are talking and rambling on about the lesson they're teaching, and then they pause. You ask yourself, "Why in the heck did they just stop talking? Oh, crap! He's looking at me!"

Then he looks at you and says, "So what did I just say?"

You look at him with a blank expression and you're so embarrassed and you just say quietly. "I don't know." Your face is pure red and everyone is just looking at you. Then your teacher gets mad because you weren't listen, which you were, but you can't focus.

This tends to happen to me more often now and sometimes it just makes me feel so stupid and then I wonder if anyone else is having this issue. Then when you look around you see that they're all just staring at your teacher intently and you feel even more stupid. I have this problem almost every single day in my biology class, and with the jobs I'm considering in the future I have to know a lot about science. Then I have to choose something else to be when I grow up, and it turns out that has to do with science too. I guess I like science but comprehending it, well, that's a whole other story.

I used to say that I hated science and that it wasn't going to help me in any way. Boy was I wrong! Now I try to say that I don't hate science, because I really don't. I also used to say that I sucked at science, which I don't I just don't get it very much. I figured out that if I say negative things about it, I am just going to be a very negative person, and I would never want to be that. So if you're having trouble with a subject, don't say you suck at it, don't say you hate it, when you're in the class don't look at the clock every three minutes because it is just going to make it worse for you.

I haven't done a life lesson in a while and I think it's time for one. I don't even remember what number this is so I won't do a number. Life Lesson: Don't say hate, don't say you're bad at something. When you don't say these things then you will have a better experience. Now I just feel like a philosopher, even though it wasn't that good ha ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment