Friday, December 2, 2011

Holy Wind!


Let’s talk about that storm! This storm has made me so grateful for the Internet, television, and heat! Our trees, which aren’t pine trees, haven’t fallen yet but I expect them to tip soon. This is the worst storm I’ve ever seen, and I used to live in tornado valley! (I’m probably exaggerating a lot but it was bad.)
I decided that I wasn’t going to go to school because I wasn’t feeling very well that morning. If I went, and I’m glad that I didn’t, I would have been stuck in a dark gym waiting for my parents to come pick me up. I was sitting at home, my mom had come home by then, and the power would turn off and then back on. It was really annoying because it kept doing this over and over again until it finally just turned off all together. It was so cold I had sweats, sweaters, and blankets. Yet, I was still freezing and kept shivering, that dumb electricity.
In my backyard we have huge trees and every now and then you can hear a little snapping noise. My mother and I went for a drive in the middle of the storm and we went to see her old neighborhood. “In the middle of the night we just heard a huge crash,” An older man said to us as we stopped to see all the damage done. If you travel through the county it’s like all hell broke loose, or someone really pissed off Mother Nature. There was a house that was lifted up by the roots of tree too!
“If lived in this town 71 years this is bad, it’s the worst it’s been in years,” An elderly man had stated on KSL news. I’ve lived here since I was six and there has never been anything this bad. I hope that the people that have had tons of damage done to their homes are okay and that it won’t cost them too much money. I’m also hoping that none of the trees in my backyard tumble over and crash on my house and that we can trim them as soon as possible. This is one of the craziest storms of my life. Luckily there isn’t any school tomorrow.
Well, I’m hoping that this will all turn out well (even though I know that it’s a disaster). I’m glad that they’ve excused school until next Monday because it’s gives be a chance to get everything done that I’ve been putting off for a while. I’m sure we’ll be hearing about his for a while. Stay warm and well and good luck to those of you who are having trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment