Sunday, February 19, 2012

Healthy junk(;

So my mom has always felt bad about letting herself go and gaining weight, I really don't think it's that bad but of course she does. I think we're always paying attention to society though and comparing ourselves to them and I know she does this sometimes, but she really doesn't need to. So, she's trying to lose weight and I'm proud of her for doing that she's being a really good example for me, but we've been eating the strangest foods ever now and I'm trying to show her that we can still eat normal things, and she can still lose the weight.

Quinoa, yeah look at the way it's spelled... it's not how you pronounce it though it's more like Keen-wah! ha ha. Anyway if you go to costco you can get this stuff and it's probably one of the weirdest things I've ever ate in my whole entire life... and I've lived in weird places with weird food. It's like this little bean things that you steam and it's kinda like a grain, but it replaces your grains with protein. It's strange, and I don't like it, it tastes like the smell of smoke, now I don't mind people smoking but there seriously should not be a food that tastes that way. Mom! Come on! You're killing me here!

So I did some research on the internet(Hopefully this stuff is true though, unlike somethings you find on the internet). I found that onions are probably one of the most healthiest things you can eat, who would have known I though it would have been something that was green at least. Now I don't enjoy onions plain that's nasty and they have a weird spicy taste, not a good one. Anyway, sautéd onions are really good though, so I did that and hopefully my mom will read up on onions. This article I was reading said that onions can help prevent some types of diseases, cancer, diabetes, obesity, heart problems and lots more. I was so surprised!

Lemons, so they aren't so good for your teeth but just one lemon is more than 100% of your daily intake of vitamin C. So along with that it will help your cholesterol and bone strength. Broccoli, now I'm probably one of the weird kids, but I like pretty much every vegetable and broccoli is one of them. If you're needing in vitamin K, eat broccoli. One medium size stalk of broccoli is more 100% of you're needed daily vitamin K, and 200% vitamin C so you're set to go just with broccoli. It also helps with cancers too!

Dark Chocolate, yes! I love it! I can't really stand any other type of chocolate don't ask my why, but I just love dark chocolate 110% ha. So, just 1/4 of an ounce of this yummy stuff can reduce you're blood pressure.  It also reduces bad cholesterol and increases good levels of cholesterol. Potatoes! So I recently learned that sweet potatoes can help with those who need potassium, like me, because I'm allergic to bananas which are an amazing source of potassium but I had no idea what other types of foods had it, so potatoes are like my fave! They're also a great source of Vitamin A, and can help prevent cancer as well. Salmon, I had this for dinner last night! I seriously can't get enough of fish I love it! Salmon has niacin in it which is known to help with Alzheimer's and memory loss. I also was watching the news the other day and they said that individuals who intake a lesser amount of calories with have a better chance of not having memory loss, so I'm now at the end of this post and I'm pretty sure I'll remember this for the rest of my life. I hope this will help ya! Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment