Thursday, February 2, 2012

A needed friend(:

Over the course of a lifetime you learn many things. You learn how to spell definitely right, which is a word I've had issues with my whole life. You learn right from wrong, not to drink and do drugs, and not to break the law. And, you learn to make friendships. There's also the moments where you feel like there is no one there for you that isn't your mom and when you need a friend the most no one shows up. Then you start to feel bad for yourself and complain all the time and the thing is you don't really need a friend at that time, you want one. Things aren't earned the right way when you want them, you have to need them. You may say that you need food because you're starving... well, at least you aren't the old man that sits on the corner because he's homeless, he's the one that's starving you're just the person that wants food. It's the same for pretty much everything else too, including friends. Some people have issues finding the right friend where others are surrounded by great people that would always be there for them and they have plenty of best friends. I used to be that way until I was just friends with everyone and I didn't have a best friend who would always be there for me. I've had so difficult times socially and also with my health and then I found who my best friend actually was.

I owe her everything! She's always been there for me when I've been down and I try my best to do the same. About a couple of weeks ago though, we found out that she might be moving there's like a 1 and 3 chance that she won't move. After both of us complaining to each other about her moving I figured that I should actually be positive about this. I don't want her to feel crappy about her moving knowing that I didn't support her. So I kept mentioning all of the good things that could come out of this. She could meet new people, she would experience new things, she'd still be close enough for us to see each other, and she'd get a bigger room in the house they're looking at. I noticed when I started doing this her mood became better and she wasn't as sad about moving and I'm glad I took the chance to be positive about her leaving.

It still won't be the same without her and strange not being able to hang out all the time and living like 2 minutes away from each other, but we can manage. Just a couple days ago after being all positive and stuff my health went way down hill. I knew I was sick because I've been coughing a lot lately, but it wasn't what I was expecting. After test, test, and another test, I need to go through a lot of treatment. It's not too serious, but it's enough that it risks me and my family. After finding out that I was sick and didn't know when I'd be getting better my best friend came along and helped me and it makes me even more grateful for her. I realized that nothing can get in the way of us being friends and that we'll be close forever. I'm glad I have a friend that I can count on and share everything with. I'm just here to tell whoever is reading this that you need to stay positive and look for the right people in your lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment