Saturday, March 3, 2012

Busy, Busy, Busy!

I always told myself that I wouldn't pile my stuff with things to do. Then all of the sudden February and March totally took control of my life, bassoon lessons, band concert, band recital, bassoon competition, homework, church activities, party commitments, working, meetings, and that's just the beginning! I've been so stressed and now were close to the end of the term and my grades seriously aren't bad at all, in fact they're pretty good, I want to get one of the up though to an A and I don't know how I'm going to do it. I've just been feeling way overwhelmed and I had no idea when it was going to stop. I had to wake up at 5 today, it's Saturday, to go to a convention thing... I'm so exhausted. My parents were complaining about how I'm never home, and if I am I'm always working on school stuff and I just never stop. When I got home from the convention, I did stop. My mom took away my lap top, my phone, my homework (who does that?), and we sat and talked.

I really had no idea how much stress I had put on myself and I never knew just talking could make me let it all go. She took me out to eat, we watched a movie, and just relaxed... I couldn't even bring up anything about school or things that I needed to do, my mom wouldn't let me. I finally got my stuff back and now I'm working on my homework, but that little time that I got to just let everything go was awesome. I finally realized that yes, school is important and so is my music, but I can't let it take over.

Seriously if you feel a little stress or just feel like you need to get something out in the world that you feel like you've held in for a while, do something about it. Don't let it build up till you explode, because if you're anything like me, you will explode and the earth will move like God is playing basketball with it. If you have a best friend or your mom or just someone you can trust, tell them what's going on because if you don't you'll later regret it. If talking doesn't relieve your stress just take everything off you mind and find your favorite movie, for me it's anything that's a old 90's classic Disney movie, I seriously can't get enough of them. Make sure that you have your favorite snack too, but don't pig out, you don't want to gain weight because then there's another thing that will build up your stress. I know just getting outside and being active also helps me a ton because I just learn to relax and enjoy the outdoors. Music is also something that really helps me, as long as it's not some depressing crap that feels like your story, listen to something fast, and happy that you'll enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment