Wednesday, April 18, 2012

How important is sleep


Have you ever wondered how important sleep is? Do you get enough of it? Chances are, if you are a teenager like me, the answer is, well, no. Ever had an all night-er? How was the rest of your day? Did you feel like crap? or Did you just want to sleep the rest of the day away because you were so exhausted? Yeah, sleep is important, and not just when you are ‘growing’ but when you’re an adult too.
You’ve always heard that you need to get eight hours of sleep, but I guess it turns out as long as you get 6-8 hours you’re good. No more, no less, it’s not the healthiest thing ever to sleep in as well, which is a huge bummer because we all like to sleep more than what is needed. I was reading an article the other day because I was actually trying to prove to my mom that’s it’s okay if I got to bed around 10:30 each night, I wasn’t that successful, but hey at least I know now… I just won’t tell my mom that!
There was this…lady I think… I didn’t actually see who the author of the article was… anyway! She decided to try this Uberman sleep schedule to see if just taking naps could take care of all the sleep you need and you can still have enough energy. In case you were wondering because you don’t want to read the whole thing, it doesn’t work! Don’t try it! She may have some different symptoms than you would, but still don’t try it, it’s totally not worth it. So not only did she try it, she did it for a month! How crazy is that, if I did that for a science project I would want a big prize for that! She was doing it for her job though, but still I don’t think she got paid enough for it ha. So anyway, she felt like crap for the first week and had a little fatigue, the second week was even worse. She started have canker sores and pimples and she didn’t know what day it was, and couldn’t take care of her own hygiene because she was so confused. The third week got better and she though it was starting to work, she was finally having more energy and everything, then the fourth week came along. It all went downhill again and she couldn’t wait till she could finish the whole thing. When she was done she slept for 15 hours strait and her friends told her she looked a ton better than before.
So, sleep? Yeah it’s important try to always get 7 or 8 hours and if you can’t try to the next night. Don’t sleep in often either because you would just known as lazy and a bum, but also you aren’t being healthy, too much sleep can make you sick and gain weight. Also when you don’t get enough sleep you tend to eat more, losing weight though in an unhealthy way… again. So, just sleep, it’s good for you! Goodnight!
For more details: http://www.menshealth.com/spotlight/sleep/8-hours.php

No comments:

Post a Comment