Saturday, May 26, 2012

The End.


Holy cow I can’t believe I’m going to be done with this blog when I’m done with this post! It’s crazy, this year has gone by so fast and I have no idea where all the time went, it just flew. I’m going to miss everyone so much, we’re all separating, going to different schools, and growing up. I don’t think I’m entirely ready for high school yet, but I guess I have no choice but to move on. Okay enough of my sad sob story on too more important things that won’t make you bored…joking you’ll probably get really bored here in a moment, I’m that good of an entertaining writer when it comes to blog posts. Anyway,
Dear Future Honors English Students,
You are in for a ride, seriously I don’t understand why people think it’s too hard or that they don’t have time for it, maybe even that it won’t benefit them in the end…boy, they are wrong. It isn’t very hard because along the way you will get help if you need it, Mr. Thompson is willing to help you. You also learn things along the way that will make you a better writer and speaker… oh, and reader because you’ll do a lot of that stuff. In the end it really does look good on your transcript knowing that you completed a challenging or “challenging” course (it is harder, but not to the extreme). People from colleges will be impressed with you.
Okay, so I said you do a lot of reading. Yes, some of it can become a little tedious and you’ll want to stop, but don’t! Keep reading, don’t even stop! Just keep going, because in the end you’ll have appreciated it. Compared to a normal English class you might read about 5 or 6 more books than them, and don’t procrastinate… ever! That’s what makes it harder for, so I would recommend not don’t that.
Every term the list of Honors English students decreases more and more. It stinks seeing all there hard work go to waste, because seriously I don’t know how many times I’ll say it, it’s worth all the hard work even though you may have your doubts, it will all be okay and you’ll get through it. Like I said before, Thompson or whatever you want to call him…eyeball guy, baldy (no offense Mr. T!), etc. he’ll always be there. He might be a little sarcastic, but don’t take anything literally with him…unless you know he’s being seriously. Sometimes I had issues knowing whether he was kidding or not, but then once you get to know him better you realize he’s been joking around the whole year.
Oh! Some advice, read your peer’s blogs! It will give you many ideas if you run out! I did all the time, so it’s not cheating…unless you copy their writing (or anyone else for that matter). Always (if you can) be on time with your posts and on the discussion board because you don’t want to fall behind too far or else it’s really hard to catch up.
Sincerely,
One of The Old Honors English Students

No comments:

Post a Comment