Sunday, October 23, 2011

Story Time!


Running away takes a lot of time. First, you need to know the reason you’re running away. For me, it was escaping the terrible life with my father’s sister, My Aunt Veronica. She was possessed when I turned the age of 12 and became evil. I didn’t want to deal with the fear of her any longer so I wanted to run away. Second, you need to know everything about the people you’re going to leave behind, their schedules, their hobbies, everything. Third, you need to get everything you need, but secretly so the ones you’ll be hiding from wont suspect a thing. Fourth, you need courage to actually run and know where you’re going. The end.
            I thought it would be as easy as that, but the little details are the ones that actually matter the most. It’s crazy how much stress you go through in the time period you’re planning to run. A partner in crime isn’t bad either when you’re running away, but that requires trust, which didn’t come easy to me. I always had trouble with trusting people, good but also bad. The cook’s son lived in the castle with us and I slowly became friends with him, very slowly. His name was Thomas Cross, we met because of his stupid cat.
            Its tail got slammed in my bedroom door and I accidently broke it. I definitely didn’t mean to hit his tail I was just frustrated with Aunt Veronica that I slammed the door and he was in the way of it. I was really sorry for the poor cat, but I knew it would be okay so I just ran downstairs and knocked on the Crosses door. Travis’s expression on his face was a little different that what I thought. “We’re going to have to amputate his tail, cool, I’ve always wanted a cat with no tail!” He said with excitement.
            “You’re so weird.” I explained and walked up the stairs past the kitchen to the grand room to the tall staircase that led to my bedroom. I heard him shut the door.
            When I told him I would be leaving he looked at me with a smile on his face. “I’m coming with you.” He told me.
            “No you’re not, you’re parents will miss you, they’ll come looking for you!” I explained to him a little too loudly.
            “And they wont come for you? You’re the princess and I’m just the cook’s son and I can fend for my self. I’m going with you.” He said with his eyes looking intently at mine.
            “Find, but I want you to get your parent’s permission first.” I told him, not as a suggestion.
            The Crosses’ said that they would soon join us in the other world away from the kingdom soon. Travis packed up his belongings and I mine. The next day we would run away. I was nervous, but knew I would be free forever and be worry free too. I was so glad this would all end so soon, but the plan had to be successful. That would be the start of the new beginning.
            A quarter after midnight I heard the footsteps of Travis getting closer to my door. I put on my boots and cloak, grabbed my bad, and twisted the door handle. The Guard’s sticks were set in their places and they were all asleep. The Watch Dog’s barks weren’t heard and all was still.  The children’s breathing was in patterns while in a deep sleep. It was time to go.
            “Why is your heart pounding so fast?” I asked Travis.
            “That’s yours, not mine!” I looked at my chest and I could see it moving along with the beat I heard very clearly in my ears.
            We walked a little further, but I knew we were being followed. I could hear footsteps along with ours and when we stopped they stopped. I was so scared and I could see that Travis was too. I took out my pocketknife and held it right in front of my stomach pointing strain ahead. “Annabelle, get on my left side.” He said quietly.
            “No, I can’t, I can’t see you that well either.” I explained to him.
            “Annabelle take two steps back and then turn around facing the other direction and walk 3 steps to your right.” He said quietly and slowly.
            “I can’t.” I cried.
            “Annabelle, you have to trust me.” He was crying.
            I did as I was told and took two steps back and as I was turning around I felt someone breathing by my forehead and my knife slipped right into the individuals stomach. “What do I do with my knife?” I asked nervously. I heard the person moan and gasp for air, Veronica.
            “Take it out and aim again higher on the count of three. One…two...three!” He screamed and I did as I was told and blocked her knife with mine and stabbed her in the heart this time.
I started screaming. “Annabelle, stay quiet and just put the knife in your pack.” He advised me. I tried staying quiet and took the knife again. He saved my life and I his and without trust we probably wouldn’t be here today.
            Veronica didn’t die, but the evil spirit did. I saw that there was no point in running away after that scary moment. Travis and I went back to the kingdom and we are living happily ever after with Veronica, his parents, and everyone there. The End.

Just a little story I found that I wrote last year, hope you liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment