Sunday, January 1, 2012

2012, make it better!


I’ve made a lot of mistakes in my life… like a lot… I’m talking a trillion mistakes that I’ll probably never ever be able to fix. I’m young though, I’m a teenager it’s kind of my obligation to make mistakes and learn from them so I won’t make them later on in life. It still doesn’t mean that I want to keep them in my head forever, I wish they could just go away and I could pretend that nothing even went on, but we all know that’s never going to happen because of guilt. Like I said though, we can learn from our mistakes so we wont do them again, we can make goals to stop it.
New Years Eve is the time where people make resolutions to change their lives and become a better person, goals to make the year ahead of them better than the one they’ve had to deal with for 365 days. Some of the information given below may be pointless to you, so you don’t have to read it, but after the list is done you can read again.
Mistakes I don’t want to go over:
1.     Wasting a kiss… yes, I have kissed someone… duh I’m a teenager.
2.     Falling apart from family members.
3.     Being lazy. (That’s a big one!)
4.     Not returning a phone call.
5.     Missing out on great opportunities.
6.     Telling secrets.
7.     Trying to grow up too soon.
8.     Sneaking out.
9.     Not leaving a party.
10.  Lying.
Why these things happened?
1.     Ummm… I’m not sure I want to give this information to the public ha ha.
2.     School, homework, friends, bad attitude.
3.     Not getting enough sleep, not seeing the point in doing something besides laying around all day.
4.     I was mad at the person.
5.     I thought I couldn’t handle it, didn’t believe in myself.
6.     Thought I could trust certain people, I have a big mouth, peer pressure.
7.     I’ve been told I look older than what I actually am and sometimes I think I can get away with more things because of that.
8.     Didn’t think my parents would have let me go, I like feeling rebellious.
9.     I didn’t want to leave my friends even if there were bad things going on.
10. I feel like people can’t handle the truth.
What can I do differently?
1.     Get to know someone better before hand.
2.     Don’t procrastinate, be positive, and spend more time with family.
3.     Going to bed earlier, just because there is a computer by me doesn’t mean I need to use it.
4.     Forgive and Forget.
5.     Believe that I can do anything.
6.     Don’t tell other secrets, or my own.
7.     Stay young… it’s better than being old ha ha.
8.     Ask.
9.     Call someone to pick me up if I feel uncomfortable.
10. Take chances and stop making up a long story. (Tell it how it went.)
I read something once that said writing down your mistake and evaluating it can help you to fix your mistakes. If you don’t write it down you won’t remember it because your brain stores thing and sometimes you can’t find what you’re looking for. Studies show that people who write down their goals are more likely to be successful than those who don’t. Write down everything, if you write an RSVP to someone you won’t forget it, if you say you’ll go to lunch with a friend you’re more likely to forget. Talk literally is cheap, writing isn’t.

No comments:

Post a Comment